Earn and use BOOK☆WALKER Coin every time you purchase eBooks, or if you join our special campaigns.
There are 2 types of coins with different expiration date.
This type of coin will expire completely if you have not used or earned any coin for 6 months.
An expiration date is set in advance for this type of coin.
When you have both Standard Coin and Limited Time Coin, the Limited Time Coin will be automatically used first when making a settlement with coins.
１ Standard Coin
|By purchasing eBooks on BOOK☆WALKER
||1 coin for every 100 JPY (1%)
※Earn 1 coin for every 100 JPY spent (excluding tax and coupon discount).
|Within 15 min. after purchase
||180 days in JST after you last earn/use coins
※Refer to precautions for Standard Coin from here
２ Limited Time Coin
|By pre-ordering an eBook or subscribing to series
||5x more coin based on the Standard Coin rate
||Within 1 hour after (automatic) purchase
||End of next month in JST after purchase
|By participating in coin boost campaigns
||Amount earned, timing, and expiration dates differ according to each campaign. Please check the details on the campaign pages.
※Settlements made using coupons are not eligible for coin boost campaigns.
※See FAQ for campaign coin calculation.
※Refer to precautions for Limited Time Coin from here
||Unit for Usage
|Selecting coin payment when making a purchase on the web store
||1 Coin = 1 JPY
||1 Coin Unit
※Coins may be used from 1 Coin unit
※Refer to precautions on using coin from here
２ How to Use Coins
You may use coins from 1 coin (1 JPY), in 1 coin unit when making a purchase on the web store.
＜For iOS users＞
Coins cannot be used on the iOS app store ([AppleID Store] screen on iOS app offered in Japanese language). Please make a purchase from the web store
on your browser in order to use coins.
３ Using Coins on the Settlement Screen
1 Coin = 1 JPY when making a purchase on the web store.
※Coins cannot be used on the iOS app store ([AppleID Store] screen on iOS app offered in Japanese language).
For Both Standard and Limited Time Coin
- ･ You may check your earned coins from Coin History.
- ･ You may use coins from your next payment after you earn them.
- ･ All coins will expire when you cancel your membership.
Granting Standard Time Coin
- ･ 1 coin for every 100 JPY purchase will be granted based on the JPY price of each eBook.
(E.g.) US $9.61/JP ¥1,000 →10 coins granted
- ･ If the coin amount is less than 1 coin : granted coins will be rounded down.
(E.g.) When purchasing eBook A for 350 JPY (excl. tax) and eBook B for 450 JPY (excl. tax).
[If eBooks are purchased TOGETHER] 800 JPY (excl. tax)…8 coins granted
[If eBooks are purchased SEPARATELY] 350 JPY (excl. tax)…3 coins + 450 JPY (excl. tax)…4 coins = Total of 7 coins
- ･Coin(s) granted when the settlement is made by coin:
The rule is the same as other settlements. You will be granted 1% of your total purchase (excluding tax and after applying coupon) in Standard Coin, for every 100 JPY purchase.
- ･Expiration date: Coins will expire 180 days after you last earn/use coins, in JST (Japan Standard Time).
(E.g.) If you earn coins on 2017/4/1 (JST), it will expire on 2017/9/27 (JST). However, if you earn/use coins before it expires, you will have a new expiration date which is 180 days after you earn/use coins.
- ･Coins cannot be used on the iOS app store ([AppleID Store] screen on iOS app offered in Japanese language).
Granting Limited Time Coin (Coins Granted in Campaigns)
- ･ For details, please check the rules on each campaign page.
- ･ Settlements made using coupons are not eligible for coin boost campaigns.
- ･ Gift purchases are not eligible for coin boost campaigns.
- ･ If you suspend your purchase after applying coin(s) on the settlement page, it will be identified as “coin(s) under application” by the system and may be suspended from usage for an hour at maximum. Please see FAQ for more details.
- ･You will not be able to use coins which have expired while identified as “coin(s) under application (Provisionally Applied Coin(s))”.
- ･Coin usage rules may change without prior notice.