Digital Manga & Light Novels from Japan
Growing up in rural Chichibu, Mari Okada wanted nothing more than to leave her truant lifestyle behind to live in “the world outside.” This screenwriter faces her own anxiety as she embraces her past through the words she screams on the page.
From the writer of “Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day” and “The Anthem of the Heart” comes the next expressive tale of the fight against one's own demons.
Mari Okada grew up in rural Chichibu, a truant for most of her adolescent life. She observed school life from afar, often refusing to leave the confines of her room. But with the fateful encounter of a visiting school teacher, Okada found a way through the echelons of school using her untapped skill of turning words on a page into a unique voice that truly captured the essence of youthful spirit.
From her own personal desires to leave home and find a place in “the world outside,” Okada came face-to-face with her own anxiety and let her stories speak out on her behalf of her struggles to truly find peace with the world around her.
“From Truant to Anime Screenwriter: My Path to 'Anohana' and 'The Anthem of the Heart'” is a gripping autobiography that details the not-so-succesful life of one of anime's biggest screenwriters as she faces the hardest challenge of all: finding herself through her own works.
Copyright (C) 2017 Mari Okada
1 coin=1 JPY. Granted coin(s) is calculated based on the JPY price.
* Boosted coin(s) will not be granted when using coupons.
* Amount of granted coin(s) may change when purchasing multiple items. Please confirm the settlement page for the determined value.
See more like this
Purchasing eBooks on BOOK☆WALKER
* This item is an eBook (digital content), not a printed book.
* Please check your device (iOS, Android) supports the BOOK☆WALKER app before purchasing by downloading the app when you will use the app.
* Dates and times on BOOK☆WALKER are based on PST (Pacific Standard Time).
© BOOK☆WALKER Co.,Ltd.
The US $ price is approximate amount. It will vary, depending of the day-to-day exchange rate.
You will be charged with 8% tax when purchased from Japan.
Page count may vary, depending on the font and image settings on your device.